Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gift


Rosebuds, Cards, Chocolates and Poems,

Many cliché methods, I thought about.

Beautiful, No bud was more than her,

Her smile, No card could quote,

Sweeter she is, far more than any chocolate,

She is herself a poetry… (The best one)


Helpless to find a suitable gift,

I went to see her without any,

And like Romeo to Juliet, I bent to offer my head,(*)

She smiled and kissed my forehead,

“I already got the best”, she said.


It was needless to pinch myself,

My mom woke me up before ‘The End’,

Who says, ‘Romance is the privilege of the rich’,(Oscar Wilde)

A dream at dawn, is all it costs….

(It doesn't need even a penny)


Mallesh

21/11/07 1:43 a.m.


* My girlfriend, if there was one, would have killed me after seeing this poetry anyways..

No comments: